It is the fundamental requirement of Daytona Indoor Raceway Ltd that the Health and Safety of all Customers
participating or otherwise, and all staff be treated equally to other operational requirements as an integral part of
running our business.
It is the responsibility of ALL employees to reduce the risk of accidents and injuries by eliminating, isolating or
minimising hazards that may cause personal or participant's injury, occupational illness or property damage.
Daytona Indoor Raceway Ltd will provide a Healthy and Safe environment for participating customers, visitors,
contractors and staff. We will comply with legislation, codes of practice and industry standards and establish
'Safe Systems of Practice/Work' for all activities, as laid down in the Health & Safety Manual.
All Supervisors, Managers and contractors are accountable for Health & Safety performance within their work
area. Responsibilities include:
- A commitment to the accurate reporting and recording of all Health & Safety data.
- High standards of customer safety.
- Housekeeping and hygiene.
- Effective Hazard management.
- Competency training.
- Accident reporting and emergency response.
We will consult with and encourage the full participation of all employees in all aspects of implementing and
continuously improving our Health & Safety Performance. All employees will be involved in setting H&S
standards and the internal auditing of Workplace Safety Management Practices. I expect everyone to accept the
challenge of making our organisation a Healthy & Safe place for Participating Customers, Visitors, Staff and
We are committed to achieving high standards of Health & Safety Management and pursuing an active
rehabilitation program, to support the safe and early return to work of all injured employees. We will minimise
risk in all areas of our operations and advise all concerned parties of this Policy and Health & Safety procedures.
Risk Management Strategies for:
- Customers: All staff are trained regarding operating procedures to ensure the Health & Safety of all Participating Customers and Visitors.
- Environment: Fire and earthquake procedures and trained practice.
- Equipment: Kart maintenance records, procedures, Occupational Safety & Health licences and Staff training maintained and recorded.
- Emergency: All Staff are trained in first aid and hold current certificates. A first aid kit is available and OSH notification systems current.
We are committed to achieving high standards of Health & Safety Management and minimising risk in all areas
of our operation. The Company Health & Safety Manuel and procedures spell out specific responsibilities for all
employees and details of required actions and activities. This Health & Safety Policy will be reviewed annually.